Gluten free pasta salad with asparagus and salmon
If a kiwi summer for you means sun, backyard cricket and a barbecue, make sure you serve a yummy pasta salad like our asparagus and salmon recipe.
- Gluten free
- 250 g Healtheries Simple Spirals
- 100 g asparagus
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 185 g can salmon, dried and flaked
- 1 red or yellow pepper, cut into chunks
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup black olives, optional
- 1 tbsp Italian parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta following the directions on the back of the pack. While pasta is cooking prepare salad.
- Blanch asparagus in boiling water for 2 mins. Drain then plunge into cold water so they retain their colour and don't overcook.
- Place pasta, red onion, salmon, red and yellow pepper, tomatoes and olives (if used), into a salad bowl, add dressing and toss gently.
- Scatter the Italian parsley leaves on top, and then serve immediately.
Serve with a fresh green salad with some olive oil drizzled lightly on top.