With a tasty pumpkin spice flavour, these easy to make cupcakes are the perfect Halloween treat.
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Gregg's Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Gregg's Ground Ginger
- ¾ cup soft brown sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree (approx. 350g uncooked pumpkin)
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 125g spreadable cream cheese
- 2 ½ - 3 cups icing sugar
- ½ tsp orange zest
- Dark chocolate bits
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan assisted). Place paper cupcake cases into muffin tins. Alternatively grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Sift flour, baking soda, Gregg’s Ground Cinnamon and Gregg’s Ground Ginger into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together brown sugar, vegetable oil, eggs and pumpkin puree until well combined. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in pumpkin mixture. Stir to mix.
- Spoon mixture into cupcake cases. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked and golden.
- Transfer to a baking rack to cool.
- Once cupcakes are cold, pipe cream cheese frosting onto the top of the cupcakes. Place 3 choc bits on the frosting to make the eyes and mouth.
To make pumpkin puree: peel and cut pumpkin into small pieces. Steam or microwave pumpkin until tender. Steaming helps reduce the amounts of retained water that you get when boiling. Puree in a food processor or mash until smooth.