Halloween choc-chunk spider cookies
Double chocolate flavour with a touch of Halloween, it’s definitely a treat!
- 125g butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup CADBURY BOURNVILLE Cocoa
- 200g CADBURY Milk Baking Chocolate, chopped
- Coloured fondant icing, for decoration
- CREAM together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Whisk in egg and vanilla. Stir in sifted flour and cocoa and then half the chocolate.
- ROLL a tablespoonful of mixture into a ball and place on a greased baking tray, pressing down slightly. Repeat with remaining mixture, allowing room for spreading. Top each cookie with remaining chocolate chunks.
- BAKE in a moderate oven 180°C for 15 minutes or until cooked. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container until required.
- MAKE spiders and other scary creatures with fondant icing. Place on top of cookies and serve.
- TO DECORATE: Mould coloured fondant icing into scary Halloween shapes, involving the kids to help create their very own spiders, ghosts and scary creatures! Place on top of cookies and press to secure. Serve, scare and enjoy.