Orange and strawberry jack-o-lanterns
No pumpkins? No worries! These orange jack-o’-lanterns are a fun Kiwi take on Halloween, and they’re made entirely from fresh fruit!
View the method
- 6 ripe oranges
- 250g strawberries
Back to ingredients
- For each orange, slice a small piece off the bottom of the orange (this is the end without the stalk) to help the orange stand upright.
- Slice off a thicker piece at the top of the orange for the hat. Use a sharp knife to cut away the inner orange pith and flesh, being careful to not cut through the skin.
- Use a spoon or knife to take out as much of the orange flesh as possible. Use a small, sharp knife to cut faces into the front of the oranges.
- Slice strawberries into small pieces and fill the jack-o’-lantern oranges.
- Replace the top slice of orange as the hat. Oranges can be made ahead of time and kept covered in the fridge overnight if need be.