Pumpkin Cake Pops
Great treats to make for a Halloween party crowd!
- 1 9"x13" cake (any flavor)
- 1 can prepared icing (any flavor)
- 450g orange candy coating
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips (or food safe pens)
1. Prepare a baking tray by lining it with foil or baking paper.
4. After the pumpkin cake pops have been frozen, remove them from the freezer. Melt the candy coating in the microwave and stir until completely smooth.
5. Use a skewer to poke a hole in the top of a pumpkin, then dip the tip of a lollipop stick in the candy coating and press it into the hole. This will help anchor the stick into the cake pop.
6. After all of the pumpkins have been skewered, dip a pumpkin fully into the candy coating until it's submerged. Take it out of the coating and gently tap the stick against the lip of the bowl so that excess coating drips off. Sit the pumpkin back on the baking tray with the stick up in the air and let the coating set completely.
7. Once all of the pumpkins are dipped and the coating has hardened, melt chocolate chips and put the melted chocolate in a plastic bag. Snip a corner off the bag and use it to pipe on their eyes and mouths. An easier alternative is to use a food-safe marker to draw faces on the pumpkins.
8. Store pumpkin cake pops in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. For the best taste and texture, allow them to come to room temperature for about 20 minutes before serving.