- 350 g pack puff pastry
- 1 tbsp flour, to sprinkle
- 8 sausages
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 tsp soft cheese, to decorate
- 1 tsp chopped black olives, to decorate
- tomato sauce or ketchup
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan 180°C)
2. Roll out pastry half cm thick over a floured surface, and cut into long thin strips, about 0.5cm wide - you’ll need 1-2 lengths per sausage.
3. Wrap the pastry strips around each frankfurter to create a wrap effect. Brush with the eggwash, then put on a lined baking tray.
4. Bake in the oven for approx 20 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown, and the sausages are cooked through. Use blobs of soft cheese for the eyes, then top with a small piece of black olive.
5. Spatter with tomato sauce to create a blood-effect.