For the cupcakes
- 150g butter (unsalted)
- 150g light muscovado sugar
- 115g self-raising white flour
- 3 eggs
- 35g cocoa powder
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 100g milk chocolate chips
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
For the icing
- 125g unrefined golden icing sugar
- 15ml warm water
- orange food colouring
For the cobweb decoration
- 100g white chocolate
1. Set the oven to 170C. Line a muffin tin with large paper cupcake cases.
2. Place the butter and muscovado sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Gradually add the beaten eggs a little at a time.
3. Using a large metal spoon fold in the flour, cocoa. vanilla, baking powder and chocolate chips.
4. Divide the mixture between the cupcake cases. Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and just firm to the touch. Allow to cool.
5. To make the glace icing, sift the icing sugar into a bowl and gradually add the warm water until the icing becomes thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Stir in a few drops or orange food colouring until desired colour is reached. If necessary, add more water or icing sugar to adjust the consistency.
6. For the cobwebs, take 100g of white chocolate and melt gently. Use a nozzle to pipe cobweb shapes on non-stick baking paper. Leave these to harden completely. Once set, peel off your baking paper and place on top of your cupcakes.