BBQ lamb skewers with hummus and mint
Inspired by the flavours of the Middle East these BBQ lamb skewers with hummus & mint are downright delicious! Quick and easy to make plus perfectly tender, this melt in the mouth dish will have you wanting more.
- 700-800g lamb leg steaks, diced into 3cm chunks
- Pams Olive oil
- 2tsp paprika
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1 large sprig rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 200g Pams original hummus
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- Cucumber yoghurt and toasted pitas or flatbreads, to serve
TIP: Take this dish to the next level by scattering pomegranate arils over the skewers, for a beautiful ruby red pop of colour!
- In a bowl, combine the diced lamb with a drizzle of olive oil, paprika, cumin, oregano, chopped rosemary and juice of ½ the lemon. Season with salt and pepper, then stir well to combine and cover. Place into the fridge to marinade for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Once marinaded, thread the lamb pieces evenly amongst 7-8 metal (or soaked wooden) skewers. Bring a grill pan or BBQ to a medium to high heat, then cook the lamb skewers for 4-5 minutes each side or until golden and cooked to your desired level.
- Once the skewers are cooked, place on a tray and cover with tin foil. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes before assembling.
- Spread the hummus across a platter of your choice. Arrange the rested BBQ lamb skewers on top of the hummus, then tear the mint leaves and scatter over the skewers.
- Squeeze the remaining lemon juice over the top, then drizzle lightly with olive oil. Serve alongside your favourite store-bought cucumber yoghurt and toasted pitas or flatbreads.