Butterflied lamb leg with mint sauce
Is there anything more delicious than a perfectly cooked lamb? Paired with a zesty mint sauce, this dish will have your taste buds singing.
View the method
- Juice of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1kg butterflied lamb leg
- 2 cups fresh mint
- 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
Back to ingredients
- In a large bowl, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, rosemary, garlic and honey. Season with salt and pepper, then place the lamb in the bowl and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate, leaving to marinate for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees celsius fan bake. Remove the lamb from the marinade and place in a roasting tray. Bake for 15 minutes, then turn and cook for a further 15-20 minutes for medium (based on the weight), or leave until the lamb is cooked to your liking.
- Once cooked, cover the lamb with foil and leave to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- To make the mint sauce, finely chop the mint and place in a bowl. Add the white wine vinegar and brown sugar, and mix well to combine. Season with salt.
- Serve the cooked lamb alongside the mint sauce.