- 1 x roasted or barbecued leg of lamb – butterflied or whole
- 1 kg baby new potatoes, cooked with skin on
- Canola oil (or similar)
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- ½ iceburg lettuce (cut into small wedges)
- 300gms beetroot, cooked & cut into small wedges
- 100gms green beans, cooked and then chilled
- Mint leaves, fresh
- Pine nuts, toasted
- Flaky sea salt and fresh black pepper
1. Pre-heat your oven to 90 degrees.
Then in a heavy bottomed saucepan or skillet add a liberal amount of canola oil, then nearly fill the pan with pre-boiled potatoes. Push down on the potatoes with a heavy pan or similar to squash the spuds. Season with flaky sea salt and fresh black pepper.
2. Place the pan on medium to high heat and cook for 5 minutes or so until the potato skins are golden then turn and repeat on the other side. Place the potatoes in the oven to keep warm and repeat previous step with the rest.
3. For the basil mayo, take a small bowl and whisk the mayonnaise with the basil pesto. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. For the pistou, take a similar sized bowl and add the pesto, olive oil and lemon juice. Mix with a fork until runny and combined. Refrigerate.
5. To serve, take a large platter, and scatter the crush new potatoes, do the same with the wedges of iceburg, beetroot and green beans.
6. Top with carved warm lamb. Add a dollop of the basil mayo, drizzle over some of the pistou then finish with a scatter of fresh mint leaves and toasted pine nuts and enjoy!