Anika's go-to lamb kofta pitas
Anika Moa shares her quick lunch idea – pita pockets with easy to make lamb meatballs with a delicious fresh yoghurt and mint dressing.
- 500g lamb mince
- 2 Tbsp harissa paste
- 1 Tbsp mixed herbs
- High heat cooking oil
- 4 pita breads, warmed or toasted
- 1 cup fresh rocket
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup cucumber yoghurt
- Fresh mint, to serve
- In a bowl, combine the lamb mince, harissa paste, mixed herbs and seasoning. Mix well, and divide into 8-12 pieces. Shape into koftas with your hands, and set aside.
- Bring a pan to a medium high heat, and drizzle generously with oil. Cook the koftas for 4-6 minutes, or until dark golden brown and cooked through.
- To build, lay the pitas on plates. Top with the rocket, then with 2-3 koftas per pita. Scatter over the red onion and cherry tomatoes, then drizzle with yoghurt. Finish with fresh mint and seasoning.