Honey and pistachio crusted lamb
This crowd-pleasing honey and pistachio crusted lamb leg is a sweet twist on the classic herb-crusted roast lamb, with a whole lot of flavour. Serve this impressive lamb leg with a fresh couscous salad for a moreish family meal.
- 3 Tbsp runny honey
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1 bone in lamb leg, room temperature (about 2kg)
- Preheat your oven to 190°C fan bake. In a small bowl combine the honey, half of the mustard, garlic, pistachios, salt and pepper.
- Place the lamb on a wire rack sitting on top of a large baking tray, then season with salt and pepper and brush with the remaining mustard.
- Use your hands to press the pistachio mixture onto the lamb leg. Bake for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 170°C and cook for a further 1 hour for medium or 1.5hrs for well done, covering with foil if the crust is caramelising too quickly.
- Once cooked, cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes. When ready, carve as desired and serve.
Add a handful of fresh, roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley into the mix with the pistachios for some added brightness.