Honey, soy and sesame glazed leg of lamb
WINE MATCH: Selaks Reserve Pinto NoirThis dish pairs perfectly with our Selak Reserve Pinot Noir with the dark berry fruits, a hint of spice and earthy tones, complemented by a beautifully structured and rich palate.
- Leg of lamb
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 3 onions, sliced in thick horizontal pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, whole
- Rosemary sprigs
- 2 bay leaves
- 500mls chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Take the lamb out of the fridge 30 minutes before cooking.
- Place the lamb in a deep roasting dish. Brush the lamb with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, add the bay leaves and some rosemary sprigs. Place in the preheated oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove lamb from the oven and reduce the oven heat to 150°C. Scatter the onions and garlic around the lamb, then pour in the chicken stock. The liquid should reach half way up the meat (add some water if necessary). In a bowl mix together the honey, sesame oil and soy sauce, then brush half of the mixture over the lamb. Cover the roasting tray tightly with foil and cook in the oven for another 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until the meat tears easily when pushed with the back of a spoon.
- Remove the meat from the oven and increase the heat back to 180°C. Brush the remaining honey, soy and sesame oil mixture over the lamb and then return the lamb to the oven to glaze for about 10 minutes.
- Rest well and serve with your favourite roast vegetables.
Visit www.selaks.co.nz for more.