Lamb fattoush salad
Fattoush is a Middle Eastern salad that includes toasted pita breads. Here I’ve added lamb to make it more substantial.
- Middle Eastern
- 2 pita breads, quartered
- 500 grams lamb steaks, diced
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sugar or honey
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Arrange the pita pieces on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until crisp, turning once. Set aside to cool.
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper. Pan-fry or barbecue for 5-6 minutes, turning once, until browned and cooked to your liking. This may need to be done in batches.
- Place the lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, capsicum, parsley, mint and spring onions into a large serving bowl.
- Top with the crisp pita pieces and lamb, drizzle over the dressing and toss gently before serving immediately.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.