Lamb, kūmara and spinach coconut curry
This mild but flavourful slow cooker curry is perfect for the whole whānau and requires minimal effort. We love it with Kiwi favourite kūmara but any root vegetables such as potato, carrot or parsnip also make for excellent additions. Plus, it’s a great way to sneak in those veggies!
- 4 lamb shoulder chops.
- 2 Tbsp Pams Pure Flour.
- 2 onions, finely sliced.
- 1 Tbsp Pams Mild Curry Powder.
- 1 tin Pams Coconut Milk.
- 600g orange kūmara, peeled and cut into chunks.
- 120g baby spinach leaves.
- Preheat the slow cooker to low. Remove any excess fat from the lamb shoulder chops. Dust the chops with the flour.
- Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan and brown the lamb pieces on each side. Set aside.
- In the same pan add the onion and fry until soft, add the curry powder, stir well, add the coconut milk, ½ cup water and the salt, then pour into the slow cooker.
- Add the kūmara, cover with the lamb pieces, and cook on low for 6 hours or until tender.
- Add the spinach and allow to wilt, then serve.
Top tip: This is delicious served with rice or roti. Add some chopped chilli to the mix if you prefer things a little spicy!