Lamb with tamarillos
"I found this recipe in my flatmate cook book and cooked it one night & now I only cook this particular meal for people who need a good hearty meal."
- 1 kg lean lamb
- 1 Large Onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh root ginger, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup hot chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 4 tamarillos, peeled & sliced
- Pre-heat crockpot for 20 minutes.
- Place the cubed lamb, onion, garlic and ginger in the crockpot.
- Sprinkle the flour over top and stir so that the flour coats all ingredients well.
- In a small bowl combine the chicken stock, lemon juice, soy sauce & honey.
- Pour this mixture into the crockpot and gently stir all the ingredients together. Cover with lid and cook on low/auto for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- About half an hour before serving, add the sliced tamarillos to the crockpot. Cover with lid and continue cooking.
- If the gravy looks too thin, turn the control to high and thicken by stirring in 2 Tbsp cornflour mixed to a paste with 2 Tbsp water. Cover with lid and cook for another 30 mins.