Lemon and rosemary coastal lamb kebabs
A great one for the BBQ, let it marinade for at least 20 minutes before cooking for the best flavour.
- 600g Coastal Lamb backstrap
- 3 red onions, cut into small wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Juice and rind of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Capsicum, Roma tomatoes, red onions and mixed salad greens, balsamic vinegar and lemon wedges to serve
- Cut lamb into 2.5cm cubes. Thread lamb and red onion wedges alternatively onto 8 skewers with 4 to 5 pieces of lamb on each skewer.
- Combine garlic, lemon rind and juice, rosemary and oil. Brush over the kebabs. Marinate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the barbecue char-grill plate or pan to moderately hot, before adding the lamb kebabs. Let the kebabs cook on one side until moisture appears before you turn. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove kebabs from the heat and cover loosely with foil, rest kebabs for 3 minutes before serving. Serve kebabs with salad vegetables including capsicum, Roma tomatoes, red onions and mixed salad greens with balsamic vinegar and lemon wedges.