Marinated lamb chops with courgette salad
It’s time to crank up the barbie and savour the flavours of warmer summer nights with these soy and garlic marinated lamb chops. Served with a deliciously simple raw courgette salad this fresh and vibrant dish is the perfect meal to whip up for hungry guests.
- Dairy free
- Gluten free
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice and zest of 1 large lemon
- 1 Tbsp Pams brown sugar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 8-10 lamb loin chops
- 2 large courgettes
- 60g fresh rocket
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, minced garlic, half of the lemon juice, brown sugar and 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Add the lamb chops and toss until each chop is well coated. Cover and set aside to marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once marinated, remove from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature for 10 minutes. Preheat your BBQ or a large grill pan to a medium high heat.
- Once the BBQ or pan is hot, cook the lamb chops for 3-4 minutes on each side (depending on thickness) or until golden in colour and cooked to your liking. Remove from the heat, cover with foil and allow to rest.
- To prepare the salad, use a mandolin or slicer section of a box grater to thinly shave the courgettes. Transfer to a bowl and toss with the rocket and parsley.
- Dress the salad with the remaining lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil and seasoning. Toss to coat, then serve the salad alongside the cooked lamb chops. Serve and enjoy.
TOP TIP: Use cooking string or twine to tie the lamb loin chops into a rounded, more uniform shape! This will help the chops cook consistently and keep succulent.