- 2kg whole bone in lamb leg, room temperature
- 1 pack Wild Fennel Meat Spice Blend (or a 2 tbsp mix of paprika, cumin & oregano)
- 3 red onions
- 1 medium butternut pumpkin, chopped into 1cm cubes
- Zest & juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Season the lamb generously with salt, then rub the spice mix all over and drizzle with olive oil.
- Peel and thickly slice two of the red onions and place them in the bottom of a large roasting pan.
- Place the lamb on top of the onions and roast in the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes for medium, or until cooked to your liking.
- After 45 minutes, place the pumpkin on a large baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the top of the oven for 20 minutes, or until the pumpkin is golden and tender.
- Remove pumpkin from the oven and let it cool slightly. Transfer to a bowl and gently combine with the lime zest, lime juice, coriander, chilli and the remaining red onion, finely sliced.
- When the lamb is cooked, remove from the oven, cover and allow to rest for 15 - 20 minutes. Carve and serve with the roasted onions and pumpkin salsa.
If you can’t get your hands on fresh red chilli, substitute for a couple tablespoons of jarred, sliced jalapenos.