Slow cooked Indian spiced lamb
Dial up the classic lamb leg with this scrumptious Slow Cooked Indian Spiced Lamb! Marinated over night for extra flavour this dish is cooked low and slow for perfectly tender meat. Simple yet mind-blowingly delicious – serve this and prepare for silence!
- 1 jar Pams Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce
- ½ cup thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 1.5kg bone in lamb leg
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp Pams Sliced Almonds
- 1 bunch coriander
- Combine the tikka masala sauce and yoghurt. Season the lamb with salt, pour over the marinade and refrigerate overnight (or a minimum of at least 2 hours).
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. In a baking dish, add the sliced onions and put the lamb leg and all the marinade on top of the onions. Cover with a lid or foil and cook for 3 hours.
- Remove the lid or foil and cook for a further hour. Allow the lamb to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- While the lamb is cooking, put the almonds on a baking tray and cook for 5-10 minutes until golden and set aside. To serve, garnish with the almonds and coriander.
Top tip: Serve with rice or roti, some fresh coriander and your favourite mango chutney.