- 2kg whole lamb leg, room temperature
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp mixed spice Pams Olive Oil
- 2 pita breads, cut into quarters
- 1 baby cos lettuce leaves
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Lebanese cucumbers, diced
- 4 radishes, quartered
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp sumac
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup each fresh parsley & mint, torn
- Preheat your oven to 200°C fan bake. Place the lamb leg in a large roasting dish, then use a small sharp knife to create incisions across the leg.
- Nestle the garlic slices into the incisions. In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, mixed spice, zest of one lemon, salt and pepper with a generous drizzle of olive oil to create a paste.
- Rub the spice paste evenly across the lamb, then place into the oven and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes for medium, or up to 2 hours for a more well-done centre. Once cooked, cover tightly with foil and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- To prepare the salad, begin by laying the quartered pita breads on a tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and bake with the lamb for 15-20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, radish and avocado on a serving platter. Break the crisp pitas into smaller pieces, and sprinkle over the salad.
- Make the dressing by combining the juice of 2 lemons, sumac, cinnamon and 3 tbsp olive oil. Season to taste, then drizzle over the salad and garnish with fresh mint and parsley.
- Slice the lamb before serving and enjoy alongside the freshly dressed salad.