- 6 potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 200g Pams Streaky Bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 teaspoon salt pepper, to taste
- ½ cup grated Tasty Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (optional)
- 3 tablespoons Pams Real Egg Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice,
- Pams Balsamic or Pams White Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Pierce the potatoes 2-3 times with a fork, place them on a tray and bake for 50 minutes or until they are soft. Alternatively, you can cook the potatoes in the microwave. Once the potatoes are cooked, set them aside to cool.
- While potatoes are baking, heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add oil and swirl it to coat the pan. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until soft and clear.
- Add garlic, bacon and leek and cook for another 5 minutes or until leek has softened.
- Add the frozen mixed vegetables and stir fry until they are just cooked.
- Cut cooled potatoes in half lengthwise and carefully scoop out the flesh of the potato into a bowl. Leave about 1cm of flesh on the skin. Be careful not to break the skin.
- Mash the potato flesh then mix in the bacon and vegetables and the creamed corn. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the mixture into the potato skins (you can fill them higher than the sides of the potato skin) and sprinkle the stuffed potatoes with cheese on top. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- To make the coleslaw, toss the cabbage, grated carrots and parsley in a bowl. Mix through the mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Serve loaded potatoes with a side of coleslaw.
Leave out the bacon for a vegetarian option.
You can also bake the potatoesfor the bacon and corn bakedpotatoes in advance — keep themwrapped in the fridge until youneed them.
Short on time? Buy a deli coleslaw instead of making coleslaw from scratch.