View the method
- 4 sheets Pams Ready Rolled Puff Pastry Sheets
- 1 tablespoon Pams Olive Oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or 1 ½ teaspoons Pams crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper or chilli powder (optional)
- 2 cans Pams Red Kidney Beans, drained
- 1 can Pams Diced Plain Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 cups Pams Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Warm water
- 1 egg, beaten
Garlic Green Beans
- 1 ½ teaspoons Pams crushed garlic
- 5 cups green bean
- ½ cup soy sauce
- Pepper, to taste
Back to ingredients
- Thaw pastry according to instructions on the packet.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat and cook onions and garlic until soft and golden, about 5 minutes. Add cumin, paprika and cayenne pepper. Mix well and allow to fry for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add in the kidney beans, chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper and oregano and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the mixed vegetables to the pan and allow to cook for another 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let mixture cool a little.
- Sprinkle the flour over a clean surface and lay a sheet of pastry on top of the flour (the flour stops the pastry from sticking to the surface). Cut the sheet of pastry into four squares.
- Fold each pastry square in half diagonally, like two triangles. Place 2 tablespoons of filling in the top half. Dip a finger into a cup with warm water and moisten the edges of the top half of each square.
- Fold the bottom half of the pastry over to meet the edges of the top half, to form a triangle. Use a fork to pinch and seal the edges and to poke a few holes on top to let steam escape. Place on a lined baking tray. Repeat until you have made 12 empanadas. Lightly brush the tops of the empanadas with the beaten egg. Bake for 10–15 minutes until the pastry is golden and puffed. For the garlic green beans, heat a frying pan on medium heat and stir fry the garlic with oil. Add the beans, soy sauce and pepper. Stir fry for 3–5 minutes. Serve the empanadas with a side of garlic green beans.