- 1 cup mashed cooked pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp + ½ tsp salt
- flour, to dust
- 100g butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 100g feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup Parmesan, finely grated
- fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Place the mashed pumpkin in a large bowl and sift in the flour and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Knead by hand for several minutes until all the flour is folded in. Transfer dough to a floured surface. Cut into two portions.
2. Take one portion and roll as thinly as practically possible on the floured surface, approx 2mm thick. Add a sprinkling of extra flour on the top of the pasta sheet and rub in lightly with your fingers. Roll up the dough into a pinwheel log. Work quickly to chop into 1cm strips. Unfurl the pasta strips immediately and place on a floured surface while you cut the remainder of the roll. Repeat for the remaining portion of pumpkin pasta dough.
3. Bring a large pot full of water to the boil and add ½ teaspoon salt. Cook the pasta in small batches 3 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon once it is cooked. Transfer cooked pasta to a colander while you cook the remaining pasta. The pasta will have a slimy feel when cooked properly.
4. Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for several minutes. Add cooked pasta to the garlic butter and coat well. Turn off heat. Add crumbled feta and gently fold through.
5. Serve hot with sprinkled parmesan cheese, fresh parsley and ground pepper to taste.