Bean, prosciutto and feta salad
This salad combines Italian ham, feta and aromatic mint for a satisfying lunch.
- 50g prosciutto and 50g feta cheese from the service deli
- 250g round beans and fresh mint from the produce department
- 1 tbsp Pams extra virgin olive oil
- flaked sea salt and pepper
- Top and tail the beans.
- Lightly blanch the beans in boiling water, then remove and drop into iced water. This stops the beans from cooking any further and helps them retain their crispness.
- Drain and set aside in a mixing bowl.
- Chop the feta into small cubes, slice the prosciutto into strips and roughly chop the mint leaves.
- Add the prosciutto strips, 2 tbs chopped mint and half the feta to the beans, along with a splash of olive oil.
- Combine very gently and place onto serving dish.
- Top with remaining feta, a sprinkle of flaked sea salt and some extra mint leaves and serve.
You can lightly steam the beans instead of blanching.