Coconut fish curry
This tasty Indian inspired fish curry is perfect for a quick weeknight meal. Pick up fresh monkfish from your local New World seafood department.
- 500g monkfish fillets
- 3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 lemons, finely grated zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon each: curry powder,
- ground turmeric, chopped and deseeded red chilli
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 400g can coconut milk
- Basmati Rice
- Combine the fish, ginger, lemon zest and juice in a non-metallic bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Boil the rice until cooked as directed.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the onion and cook until soft.
- Add the curry powder, turmeric, chilli and cinnamon stick and cook for 30 seconds. Pour in the coconut milk and stir until combined.
- Add the fish and the marinade and gently simmer for 5-7 minutes or until cooked.
Serve with steamed green beans, rice and pappadums.