Greek style meatballs with green dressing
Super easy to prepare, meatballs are an eternal favourite with people of all ages. Now you can bring a summer update to this comforting classic with bright Greek flavours and a creamy Green Goddess Dressing.
View the method
- 500g lamb or beef mince
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Cooked orzo or pearl couscous
- Feta, chopped tomatoes, sliced radish and rocket, to serve
- 2 tablespoons Pams Olive Oil, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Green Goddess Dressing:
- 1 large avocado
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup parsley
- ½ cup basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Back to ingredients
- To prepare the meatballs, place the mince in a bowl with the onion, garlic, oregano, cumin, lemon zest and parsley. Season generously with salt and pepper. Using wet hands, form into walnut-sized balls. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Green Goddess Dressing. Place the avocado flesh, garlic, parsley, basil, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar into the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth, adding a little water if the dressing is too thick. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook the meatballs on the oiled, preheated flat plate of a barbecue for 10-15 minutes, or until cooked through and brown on all sides. Alternatively, toss the meatballs in oil, place on a tray and roast in a preheated oven at 220°C (200°C fan forced) for 10-15 minutes.
- Spread the Green Goddess Dressing over the base of a serving platter or 4 serving plates. Spoon over the orzo or Israeli couscous. Add the meatballs, feta, tomatoes, radish and rocket. Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with lemon wedges.