Mini shepherds pie
Packed with natural wheat bran fibre, adding a little All-Bran® to your favourite recipes is an easy way to help get the fibre you need, deliciously. Just one tablespoon of All-Bran® Original provides 7% of your daily fibre needs. With these recipes you’ll see just how versatile this simple breakfast cereal can be.
*One 45g serve of All-Bran® Original provides 42% of your daily fibre needs.
© 2017 Kellogg Company. ® Registered trade marks Kellogg (Aust) Pty Ltd authorised user..
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled, grated
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 tbsp no added salt tomato paste
- 300ml (1¼ cups) salt reduced beef stock
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 60g (¾cup) All-Bran® Original
- 700g sweet potato (kumara), peeled, chopped
- 2 tbsp snipped chives
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or 180°C fan forced. Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery, cook stirring occasionally for 5-6 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic, cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the beef mince, cook breaking the mince up with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes or until mince is browned. Add the tomato paste, cook stirring for 1 minute. Add the stock and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the All-Bran® Original, simmer for 5 minutes more or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, place the sweet potatoes (kumara) in a saucepan of cold water, bring to the boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Drain well, return to saucepan, mash until smooth, stir through the chives.
- Spoon the mince mixture into 4 individual 250ml (1 cup) ovenproof ramekins. Top each with a quarter of the mashed sweet potato (kumara). Place in preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden and bubbling.