- 400g dried rice stick noodles
- ½ cup sweet chilli sauce, plus extra to serve
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp tamarind sauce (optional)
- ¼ cup neutral oil
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3-4 long red chillies, finely chopped,
- or 1-2 tsp chilli paste
- 18 large raw prawn tails or 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, finely sliced
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 spring onions, finely angle sliced or shredded
- 2 handfuls (250g) bean sprouts
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped juice of
- 2 limes, to serve
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water, stirring to fully submerge. Allow to soak for 10 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- While noodles are soaking, mix chilli sauce, fish sauce, peanut butter and tamarind, if using, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large frypan and stir-fry garlic, chillies and prawns or chicken over a high heat for 2-4 minutes. Add beaten eggs and stir-fry until scrambled and just set.
- Lower the heat then add the drained noodles and the chilli sauce mixture. Toss for a minute or two over a medium heat to coat. Add most of the spring onions, bean sprouts, coriander and peanuts, reserving a little to garnish, and toss over heat for 1 minute.
- Divide between 4 bowls and top with remaining spring onions, bean sprouts, coriander and peanuts.
Drizzle with lime juice and serve accompanied by extra sweet chilli sauce.