Spicy Spanish rice
A Spanish style rice with the added flavours of chorizo and prawns.
- 2 spicy chorizo from the service deli
- 150g cooked prawn cutlets from the seafood department
- 1 onion
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch of parsley from the produce department
- 500ml chicken stock
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 200g paella rice
- Slice the chorizo into half moons, chop the red pepper into small chunks, cut onion in half and slice. Roughly chop the parsley.
- Heat the chicken stock in small saucepan.
- Cut the lemon in half and set aside, this is used at the end of the recipe.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wide shallow fry pan, add the onion and cook until softened.
- Add the chorizo and cook for a few moments, this will release the oils from the chorizo.
- Add the red pepper and cook for a further few minutes.
- Stir in the rice and mix to fully coat with the oil.
- Stir the turmeric to the hot stock, pour into the rice mixture and stir well.
- Put the lid on and cook for approximately 15 minutes until the rice is tender and the stock absorbed.
- A few minutes before the rice is cooked add the cooked prawns to the pan, heat through and stir.
- Squeeze the lemon over the spicy rice. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.