- 2 Tbsp Pams Pure Olive Oil
- 500g prime beef mince
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 400g packet ziti, penne or rigatoni pasta
- 1 jar Pams Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1 tub Pams Finest Fresh Ricotta
- 2½ cups Pams Mozzarella Grated Natural Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan and add the beef mince, stirring and breaking up any lumps, until browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the onion and garlic and fry for a few minutes to soften, then add 500ml water and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- While the meat is cooking, bring a pot of water to the boil, salt generously and cook the pasta until al dente (allow approx 2 minutes less that what the cooking times says on the packet). Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water, then drain and run the pasta under cold water.
- Add the reserved pasta water to the mince, then toss the pasta through, coating well. Reserve ½ cup tomato and basil sauce, then add the rest to the pasta.
- Put half of the pasta in the bottom of the baking dish, scatter over half of the ricotta and half the mozzarella. Then add the rest of the pasta, top with the remaining ricotta, then the reserved tomato sauce, and finish with a layer of mozzarella.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until bubbling. Allow to sit for 5 minutes to cool slightly before serving.
Instead of adding water to your mince ragu, try beef stock for a heartier flavour!
Serve alongside a crisp green salad, or freshly steamed veggies.