Broccoli, bacon and pesto pasta
A lovely creamy pasta with the pesto livening up the sauce. For speed the bacon can be microwave for a few minutes. Roughly twenty minutes from opening the fridge to serving up, this has to be a winner!
- 1 head of broccoli cut into florets
- 400g cooked bacon cut into pieces
- 50g shaved parmesan cheese
- 350g dried pasta spirals
- 100g basil pesto
- 100g sour cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente.
- Blanch broccoli with pasta for the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Drain and toss together with cooked bacon, pesto, parmesan and sour cream.
- Check the seasoning and adjust according to desired taste.
- Serve with crusty bread on the side.
- Substitute salami, ham or chicken for the bacon.
- Try sundried tomatoe pesto instead of basil pesto.
- Adjust the volume of ingredients to cater for larger or smaller groups.
- Use different vegetables.