- 400g dried pasta
- Olive oil
- 800g mixed tomatoes, halved if needed (cherry, roma, vine etc)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ cup fresh basil, sliced
- Freshly grated parmesan, to garnish
- Cook the pasta as per pack instruction, reserving ½ cup of the cooking water.
In a heavy based frying pan, bring a generous drizzle of olive oil to a medium heat. Add the tomatoes, and leave to saute for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the tomato skins begin to blister, lower to a low medium heat and add the garlic, oregano, chilli and sugar. Cook while stirring for 5 minutes then season with salt and pepper. Finally, use a spoon or potato masher to lightly burst and break down the tomato pieces.
- Stir through the reserved pasta water, then fold the cooked pasta through the sauce, along with the fresh basil.
- Serve the pasta finished with freshly grated parmesan and enjoy immediately.