Chicken mince is a healthy and delicious alternative to traditional mince and just as versatile. Try this family favourite made even tastier with Tegel Chicken Mince.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 500g Tegel Fresh Chicken Mince
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- A handful of fresh basil
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 50g butter
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large sheets fresh lasagne
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 190oC.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add fresh chicken mince and garlic and cook 4-5 minutes over medium-high heat. Add the basil and tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce is slightly thickened. Season to taste.
- To make the white sauce, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Stir in the flour and cook over medium heat, stirring until blended. Add the bay leaf and wine and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly. Continue stirring over medium heat until the sauce boils and thicken.
- To assemble lightly grease a 20x15 (or thereabouts) rectangular ovenproof dish. Add a spoonful of the chicken mince sauce and spread in a thick layer to just cover the bottom of the dish. Add a sheet of lasagne and top this with one third of the mince followed by one third of the white sauce. Repeat twice, ending with a layer of white sauce. Top with parmesan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the lasagne is golden brown and bubbling. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. For this recipe and many more visit