Creamy tomato tortellini soup
Fill your home with the smells of Italy with this comforting creamy tomato tortellini soup! This quick and easy meal is a hassle-free, one pot wonder packed with flavour, and will have you going back for seconds.
View the method
- Olive oil
- ½ brown onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 x 400g tinned tomatoes
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 300ml cream
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 250-300g Pams tortellini or ravioli
- ¼ cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Freshly grated parmesan, to serve
Back to ingredients
- In a large heavy based saucepan, bring a drizzle of olive oil to a low to medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery to the pan, and saute for 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the garlic and oregano to the vegetables, and stir for 1-2 minutes. Pour the tomatoes and vegetable stock into the saucepan, then bring to a light simmer for 8-10 minutes before adding the cream.
- Gently simmer the soup for another 4-5 minutes, then add the spinach and store bought tortellini. Cook until the tortellini is al dente or to the pack instruction, then stir through the fresh basil and seasoning.
- Serve the soup in bowls, garnished with fresh parmesan.