Pasta al tonno
"I love this recipe, it's a great 'go to' meal served with a green salad, it's easy, quick and reliable. Mum gave me the basics of this dish and over the years I've added my own touch. It's also great for leftovers - served the next day as a pasta salad or warmed up for a take to work lunch."
- 2 185 gm tuna (drained but not dry)
- 4 anchovy fillets
- Garlic (to taste) approx 2 cloves
- 1 Tbsp tom paste
- 2 tsp ground chili (to taste)
- 2 canned tomatoes
- 1 - 2 Tbsp capers (roughly chopped)
- 2 onions (finely chopped)
- 3 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Olive oil
- Olives to garnish (I prefer black olives with this)
- 500g penne pasta
- Parmesan cheese
- Gently fry onions in olive oil - low heat to caramalise.
- Add tom paste, garlic, chili and anchovies - cook off.
- Add canned toms.
- Cook approx 25 mins or until nice reduction.
- Flake the tuna and stir in the sauce.
- Add capers.
- Cook (in separate pot) until al dente.
- Combine everything - garnish with olives and parsley.
- Pass the parmesan around the table, serve with a simple green salad.
- PS - omit or add more to your taste, enjoy, have fun with it, you'll be surprised!! - Buon appetito!