- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs rosemary leaves, finely chopped*
- 6 good quality pork sausages
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 100ml milk (optional)
- 120g baby spinach
- 350g dried pasta of your choice
- Parmesan and fresh parsley to garnish, if desired
- Place a heavy based frying pan over a medium heat with a generous drizzle of olive oil. Once hot, saute the onion, garlic and rosemary for 3-4 minutes or until the onion has softened and become translucent.
- Remove the sausage meat from the casings, then crumble into the pan. Using a wooden spoon, break up the sausage pieces as they cook until they reach a finer consistency and are golden in colour.
- Add the tomato paste to the pan and stir to combine, then stir in the chopped tomatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, then stir through the milk and baby spinach. Season to taste, then simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- While the ragu is simmering, cook the pasta as per pack instruction. Once the ragu and pasta are cooked, fold the cooked pasta through the sausage ragu sauce.
- Serve the ragu pasta immediately, and garnish with freshly grated parmesan and parsley if desired. Enjoy.
TOP TIP: This recipe is incredibly freezer-friendly! Simply leave to cool before transferring to containers, then place into the freezer for up to 3 months.