Super greens spaghetti
Wanting to add more greens to your diet, but don’t want to notice they’re there? Look no further than our super greens spaghetti! This recipe combines Pams Creamy Pesto Pasta Sauce with some delicious greens, blended together to create a flavoursome and veggie-packed dish.
- Olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ leek, finely sliced
- 120g fresh or frozen spinach
- ½ cup Pams Evaporated milk
- ¼ cup Pams or Pams Finest Basil Pesto
- 250g dried spaghetti
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 50g grated parmesan cheese
- Place a frying pan over a medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Once hot, add the onion, garlic and leek, and saute for 4-5 minutes or until the onion and leek are tender.
- Add the spinach, then stir until wilted. Remove from the heat, leave the onion mixture to cool slightly, then transfer to a blender or food processor.
- Pour the evaporated milk and pesto into the blender along with the vegetable mixture, then pulse until almost smooth. Return to the pan.
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling water as per pack instruction. While the spaghetti is cooking, bring the greens sauce to a simmer. Drain the cooked spaghetti, reserving ½ cup of cooking liquid. Add the drained spaghetti to the sauce, and toss to coat; adding the reserved cook liquid if needed.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the pasta, then add the grated parmesan. Season to taste, then toss to combine and serve immediately while hot.
SKILL LEVEL: EASY/MEDIUM
TIP: Can’t find the Pams Creamy Pesto Pasta Sauce? Simply substitute for equal amounts of alfredo sauce, and 3Tbsp basil pesto.