- 2 sheets Frozen Shortcrust Pastry, thawed
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Rashers Rindless Bacon, chopped
- 6 Eschalots, finely chopped
- 1 Flat Mushroom, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 500 g Beef Mince
- 1/2 cup Beef Stock
- 1/2 cup Tomato Paste
- 1/3 cup Red Wine
- 2 tsp Rosemary, chopped
- 2 sheets Frozen Puff Pastry, thawed
- Milk, for glazing
- Tomato Sauce and Salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Lightly grease two x 9.5cm deep pie dishes.
- Cut two x 18cm circles from each sheet of shortcrust. Ease into prepared dishes, extending pastry over edge. Chill for 10 mins.
- Line pastry cases with baking paper.
- Fill with dried beans, rice or pasta. Bake blind for 10 mins. Remove paper and filling and bake for a further 2-3 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan on high. Sauté bacon, eschalots, mushroom and garlic for 4-5 mins, until tender.
- Add mince. Cook for 4-5 mins, until browned, breaking up lumps with the back of a spoon. Blend in stock, paste, wine and rosemary. Simmer for 5-10 mins until thickened. Season to taste. Cool slightly.
- Spoon mixture into pastry shells. Cut 2 x 12cm circles from each sheet of remaining pastry. Brush edges with milk. Place pastry over filling, pressing edges to seal. With a sharp knife, cut a small air vent into pastry. Brush with milk.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until golden.
- Serve with tomato sauce. Accompany with salad.