- 1 cooked chicken – remove the meat and tear into bite sized pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 potatoes (I use Agria) scrub well then dice into cubes approximately 25mm
- 1x 535ml can of good quality Chicken soup
- Salt and pepper
- 2 sheets of puff pastry, cut into 4 rounds using a large cup or small plate
- 1 egg beaten
- In a pot, cook the potatoe cubes in boiling water until just cooked, drain and keep warm.
- In a pan over medium heat add the olive oil and when hot, add onion, leeks and carrot, cook gently until soft.
- In a casserole dish or oven pan place onion, leek, carrot mixture, spread the cooked potatoe cubes on top, then add the chicken meat and top with the tin of chicken soup.
- Cover with foil and cook in a 200°C oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove after 15 minutes and gently stir the casserole.
- After 40minutes, remove from oven, check for seasoning and adjust with salt and black pepper as necessary, then leave covered in a warm place until needed.
- Turn oven up to 210°C and place the pasty circles on non-stick oven tray. Brush the exposed pasty side with egg mixture then bake for 5 to 10 minutes until pasty rounds ‘puff’ up and turn golden.
To serve, fill 4 small warmed bowls with chicken mixture, place a pastry lid on top and serve with green beans or peas.