Family chicken pie
"Its a favourite family dinner dish. Its simple and tasty, healthy and easy to make. I serve it with a fresh ciabatta loaf and a green salad."
View the method
- 1 1/2 cooked chickens (pulled apart)
- 1/2 can corn
- 1 can peas
- 1 carrot cooked chopped small pieces
- 1/2 onion
- 1 leek chopped
- 3 rashers bacon
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 pkt chicken noodle soup
- 2 cups milk (approx)
- parsley ( chopped)
- olive oil ( 3 tabs)
Back to ingredients
- Cook onion, leek , carrot & bacon in 3tab olive oil until brown and soft.
- Stir in flour and soup mix, cook a little.
- gradually add the milk and make a roux sauce.
- Put back on heat and keep stirring until it thickens. Add bite sized chicken pieces, peas & corn.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish.
- Topping in Food Processor, -handful of parsley, -handful of grated cheese, -3 slices of vogels.
- Whizz together and put on top of pie.
- Bake 170 degrees until hot and topping browned.