Grandma guy's family mince pie
A traditional hearty, homemade pie, perfect for the family dinner table this Winter.
- 800g mince
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 Carrots
- 1 cup peas
- flaky puff pastry
- Grate the potatoes, carrots and onion.
- Mix ingredients (excluding pastry) together in a bowl using your hands.
- Line the bottom and sides of a sponge roll size baking tin with the pastry.
- Put the mixed ingredients on top of the pastry. Flatten the mixture. Place the rest of the pastry on top of the mixture. Join the pastry edges by using milk. Slash top 1/2 dozen times with a knife.
- Place in the oven and cook for 60 minutes at 200 degrees. Eat hot or cold, but yummier served hot.