Crunchy creamy salmon pie
"Easy to follow, anyone can make it easily. It is from Scotland/England. I love it because it is a simple recipe and easily followed.....you can't go wrong! Anyone can make it and it is very different! I love to cook this for dinner parties, snack with salad, uses cupboard ingredients in most homes."
- 225g Self Raising Flour (1.5 cups)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 185g grated tasty cheese (1.5 cups)
- 125g butter, chopped
- 210g red or pink salmon, drained, flaked
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (30g)
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped walnuts
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 300g lite sour cream
- 2 Tbsp lite mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp dried dill tips
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce (e.g. Tabasco)
- Grease 22cm springform tin.
- Sift flour and paprika into a bowl.
- Stir in 1 cup of the cheese.
- Rub in butter and reserve 1 cup of mixture.
- Press remaining mixture evenly over the base and side of prepared tin.
- Place tin on oven tray.
- Place salmon and onion over base of tin.
- Top with filling.
- Sprinkle with reserved flour mixture, remaining cheese and nuts.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven 45 minutes until set.
- Stand 15 minutes before serving.
- For an awesome dinner party, double the mixture!!