- Filo pastry
- Olive oil in a spray bottle
- 8 eggs
- 3 crushed cloves of garlic or 2 teaspoons of crushed garlic from a jar
- 2 brown onions
- 500g of mushrooms or 1 x small eggplant
- Five spice
- 6 stems of silverbeet or spinach
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 cup of grated edam cheese
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Grease large heavy ovenproof dish with olive oil
- Lay out pastry then carefully peel off a couple of sheets lay in dish and lightly spray. Repeat until there is around 20 layers.
- In a frypan slowly heat the onions and eggplant/mushrooms, add the garlic and five spice then let cool.
- Beat the eggs in a large separate bowl then add all the finely sliced vegetables.
- Mix all ingredients together and put into the filo pastry base.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top and put in the oven for 40 minutes.
- To test if cooked just press the top and it should be firm - if soft or mushy at all just put back in the oven for another five minutes and test again.