"It's the best pie I've tasted."
View the method
- 250g Very Soft Butter (but not melted)
- 3/4 cup Castor Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Grated rind of one Orange
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 4-5 diced Stewed Apples or a 400g can of Diced Apple
- Icing Sugar to serve
Back to ingredients
- In a bowl or food processor beat together the butter, milk, castor sugar, egg, vanilla essence and orange rind until creamy and well mixed.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and stir or pulse to mix well.
- Spread 2/3rds into the base of a well greased and floured 23cm loose bottom cake tin.
- Spread over the stewed diced apples.
- With floured hands dot the remaining dough over the top or spread the dough over the top of the Apples to make a lid.
- Bake at 190°C for 40 minutes.
- When cool dust with icing sugar to serve.