Chocolate banoffee pie
"Indulge yourself in a gastronomic chocolate, toffee and banana feast. Smooth in texture, intense in taste - chocolate is a rich source of sensory pleasure - enjoy this chocolate velvety treat! That will have your cheeks tingling!!"
View the method
- 250 gm milk chocolate digestive biscuits crushed
- 65 gm unsalted butter
- chocolate curls to decorate
- for the filling
- 397 gm can caramelized condensed milk
- 150 gm plain chocolate, chopped
- 120ml creme fraiche
- 15mls golden syrup
- 2 bananas
- 250ml creme fraiche
- 10ml strong black coffee
Back to ingredients
- Mix the butter with the biscuit crumbs.
- Press on to the base and sides of a 23cm loose-based flan tin - chill.
- Make the filling.
- Gently melt the chocolate with the creme fraiche and golden syrup in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Stir in the caramelised condensed milk and beat until evenly mixed.
- Pour the filling into the biscuit crust and spread it evenly.
- Slice the bananas evenly and arrange them over the chocolate filling.
- Stir the creme fraiche and coffee together in a bowl, then spoon the mixture over the bananas.
- Sprinkle the chocolate curls on top. Alternatively, omit the creme fraiche topping and decorate with whipped cream and extra banana slices.