Chocolate indulgence pie
A wonderful special occasion dessert made using store cupboard ingredients. Serve with raspberries – frozen are good - or mixed fresh berries and cream.
- 125g butter
- 1 packet Pam's malt biscuits
- 275g Cadbury energy chocolate
- 250g butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- Vanilla Essence
- Chocolate Chips
- Melt butter.
- Crush biscuits to make crumbs.
- Mix together and place in base of 25cm flan dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 180oc.
- Leave to cool.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Lightly beat eggs in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add eggs to butter mixture, beating continuously to incorporate well.
- When all the egg is mixed in add the melted chocolate and a drop of vanilla essence.
- Pour the chocolate mixture onto the cooled base and place in the fridge to set, preferably for 24 hours.
- The chocolate must be Cadbury Energy chocolate for the best result.
- Cadbury Energy Scroggin can also be used, which is a delicious option.
- Serve with Pam's frozen raspberries or mixed berries and cream.