Caprese pita breads pizzas
Need a quick and easy meal on the table in 30 minutes? The iconic Italian combination of mozzarella, basil and sweet tomatoes come together on top of a soft pita bread for a speedy take on Friday pizza night. Experiment with your favourite toppings for a great go-to meal!
- 4 pita breads
- 1 cup tomato pizza or pasta sauce
- 1 ½ cups grated mozzarella or 1-2 balls fresh mozzarella
- Vine tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Fresh basil leaves
- Balsamic glaze, to finish
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius fan bake. On a lined baking tray, lay the pita breads down and spread the pizza sauce evenly over the surface.
- Sprinkle or lay the cheese on top of the pita bases, then top with tomato slices. Season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle the dried oregano over the surface.
- Place into the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the bases are slightly golden.
- Leave to cool slightly, then top the pizzas with fresh basil leaves, and drizzle with balsamic glaze as desired. Serve immediately.