Chorizo and caramelised onion pizza
Pizza is a crowd favourite, and this recipe takes a sophisticated twist, with bursts of colour and flavour! Sweet caramelised onions and spicy chorizo come together on a time-saving pre made base for a deliciously quick meal. Pair this pizza with your favourite IPA for a winning afternoon combination.
- Olive oil
- 10g butter
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ⅓ cup tomato passata
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 large pizza base
- 150g fresh mozzarella or bocconcini*
- 40g sliced chorizo/salami
- ½ red capsicum, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh rocket, to garnish
- Behemoth Me Time Mosaic Hazy IPA
- Garage Project Fresh IPA 2020
- Lakeman Hopadelic IPA
- McLeod's Great Migration IPA
- Panhead The Vandal NZIPA
- In a small frying pan, bring a generous drizzle of olive oil to a low/medium heat. Add the butter, then once melted, add the sliced onion and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the onions are golden and caramelised. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 210 degrees celsius fan bake. To make the pizza sauce, combine the garlic powder, tomato passata, dried oregano, a pinch of sugar and seasoning. Spread evenly over the pizza base.
- Spoon the caramelised onion evenly over the pizza base, then arrange the mozzarella balls or slices over top. Finish by laying the sliced chorizo and capsicum on top, then place into the lower section of the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the top has melted and the base is golden in colour.
- Sprinkle the fresh rocket over the cooked pizza, and serve immediately!