- ¾ cup lukewarm water
- ½ tsp dried yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups high grade flour
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 100g beef mince
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- In a large bowl, sprinkle the yeast over the warm water, and leave to sit for 5 minutes. Add the salt, flour, sugar and 2 Tbsp olive oil, and use your hands or wooden spoon to mix and form a soft dough. Turn out onto a floured surface, and knead for 5 minutes or until soft and stretchy. Transfer to an oiled bowl, cover, and leave to proof in a warm place for 60-90 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 230 degrees celsius, fan bake. Tip the proofed dough out onto a flour surface, and lightly roll into a 20cm-30cm round. Grease a skillet or large pie dish, then lay the dough into the dish and press into the base and sides of your dish using your hands.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the base and sprinkle over the mozzarella cheese.
- In a small bowl, use your hands to lightly combine the mince, oregano, salt and pepper. Sprinkle pieces of the mince mixture over the pizza and drizzle the remaining olive oil over the dough.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the beef has cooked and the pizza base is golden brown (use a spatula to lift the pizza and check the base).
- Once cooked, leave to cool for 5 minutes, then place the basil leaves on top and serve while hot.